The COALTRAM® utility vehicle with an ergonomically designed operator’s compartment for unparalleled productivity in any underground coal mine.
The PPK Mining Equipment’s COALTRAM® is an explosion-protected diesel-powered underground coal utility vehicle, designed and approved to operate in hazardous underground areas with potentially explosive atmospheres. It has a large variety of uses such as loading, hauling, dumping, towing, dragging, and lifting.
The COALTRAM® has numerous integrated designs via modular frame components and an extendable and adaptable hydraulic system. It also features a master hitch arrangement to connect, operate and carry different implements and attachments.
The COALTRAM® is fitted with Registered Explosion-Protected Diesel Engine System (ExDES) And Registered Transport Braking systems (TBS)
- MDR 088335 DES
- MDR 085906 TBS
- Low profile compact front frame
- Long life pins with split-cap pin retention system
- Boom support and lock for safe work under boom
- Various Master Hitch designs for interchanging attachments and implements.
Ergonomically and spaciously designed compartment for maximum safety and minimal operator fatigue with:
Maximized leg room due to the Atlas Copco “Footbox”.
Comfortable operators seat offering improved ergonomic positioning, body orientation and generous shoulder and hip room
3-point mounting for entry and exit from operators’ compartment
- Unique power train including an up box, and a transmission with integral converter - allowing space for the “footbox” plus a low profile and short rear end
- A high power-to-weight ratio complemented by a fully integrated power train
- Superior serviceability with centralized service areas
- Remote drain and fill points with ground level access
- Long-life roller bearing centre articulation hinge
- Anti-skid material at service access points
- Design operating ambient temperature 40°C
- Central manual lubrication
- Hydraulic hoses and electric cables are well protected and routed for maximum life and durability.